West Pharmaceuticals Donates over $17,000 to help cure Childhood Cancer!

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”2835″ img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]We were honored to receive a $17,710.75 check from West Pharmaceuticals last week as the result of their West Without Borders campaign for the Clearwater location in 2015. I regret we didn’t get a photo of the rest of the room above – over 130 employees for months raised funds and awareness, coming together to greatly support or …

the hope is, this pill is stopping Lily-Mae’s cancer from coming back

On Tuesday we watched a scientist tear up at a dinner party. Around twenty years ago, Dr Andre Bachmann started working with a drug called DFMO in Hawaii. In the early 2000s, he recognized the fact DFMO inhibited something called ODC could make it a good drug to treat neuroblastoma, and started working on that, in a lab. In 2008, …

Brighthouse Networks Enterprise Solutions 1st ever Charity Classic brings in over $86,000 to support childhood cancer research!

This past Tuesday was the first ever Charity Classic by Bright House Networks Enterprise Solutions (BHNES), benefitting Because of Ezra – to the tune of $86,000+. It was a beautiful day at Saddlebrook Resort north of Tampa (check out more photos on the Because of Ezra Facebook page), with a dozen companies sponsoring including BHNES and Platinum Sponsor Cisco. The teams played 18 …

“I was changed because of Ezra.”

We received this email the other day, and were moved to tears (good ones!) by it. Thanks, Meshelle, for letting Ezra’s story be a part of yours. It means so much. “Honestly, I can’t remember how I heard about Ezra’s story, but I can tell you exactly where I was… that is forever engraved into my consciousness. I was at …

Making a difference… Because of Ezra

Sometimes we get communication from people which is so powerful we just have to share it. A woman named Stephanie sent us the picture above, of her stethoscope for nursing school. It has Because of Ezra engraved on it, as well as a cross and her initials. Stephanie said this in her message to us: I received my stethoscope in …

Attention Runners / Walkers!

Tampa runners, joggers, lovers of the pavement, and haters of cancer – come run the Gasparilla Distance Classic with us! EVERYONE can do this – runs range from a 5K jog, strollers jog, or run… all the way up to a half marathon. We’re doing it a little different this year – check the link below to create your own …

nomorenb.org – the launch of #nomorenb

(Holy edits, Batman! We’ve changed #nomorenb to something a little more recognizable – #800days. The project is still around, but can be found on 800days.org now! 10/30/12) Today marked the release of the #nomorenb project – you can check out the site at nomorenb.org. #nomorenb is a Because of Ezra project dedicated to telling the stories of children with neuroblastoma, and …

This Week in Neuroblastoma – 6/18/12 – Ezra on the Today Show!

Whoa – what a cool thing! When we went to the 2012 NMTRC Symposium in May, we met a cool couple named Mike and Kezia Fitzgerald. Their daughter, a little girl just as beautiful as her name – Saoirse – was taken from them in December of 2011. She had stage 4 neuroblastoma, just like Ezra did. Like us, they …